We are looking for a postdoc with experience in electrochemistry and (preferably) ion-transfer in our project “Moving interfaces: Transfer of ions and molecules between phases in hydrodynamic systems.” (More info about that project here.)
Position starts: Jan 2019
Funding: 5500 PLN/month
Duration: Until 2020-04-26
Deadline for application: Dec 7th, 2018
The main scientific goal of the proposed project is to understand, describe and develop the processes of transfer of ions and molecules across liquid-liquid interfaces in novel, multiphase microfluidic systems. Understanding of this processes is a starting point for better comprehension of biological actions (photosynthesis, cell membrane transport), development of lab-on-a-chip type platforms for new medical diagnostics tools, in pharmacy for drugs synthesis, and in industry for real-time monitoring of technological processes.
One of the fundamental questions that the project was initially intended to address is to what extent the electrochemically driven ion transfer across liquid-liquid interfaces in microfluidic systems is influenced by the hydrodynamic flows in the different phases, including in systems in which droplet motion is controlled by means of electrowetting on dielectrics (EWOD, also known as digital microfluidics). However, focus has moved a bit towards facilitated ion-transfer in static systems including paper-based setups.
The position includes conducting and planning experiments with this field as well as supervision of phd students.
The successful candidate should:
- Have a doctors degree in chemistry with focus on analytical chemistry (or related areas);
- Have experience from: (1) electrochemistry, especially regarding ion-transfer and/or ion-selective electrodes; (2) the use of ionophores; (3) experience in microfluidics and/or EWOD is welcome.
The following documents
- Employment application.
- Motivation letter (maximum 3500 characters)
- Professional curriculum vitae.
- PhD diploma.
- A list of scientific achievements (publications, patents, conference presentations, etc.).
- The number of citations of publications without self-citations, the h index.
- List of research projects in which the candidate participated
- At least one letter of recommendation written by an independent researcher.
- Consent regarding the collection and processing of personal data (http://ichf.edu.pl/RODO_post-doc_zgoda_NCN_PL_EN.doc).
IMPORTANT: applications without signed consent will not be considered
Applications should be sent to by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “ICHF 22/2018”
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact Martin to know more. The official announcement can (soon) be found here.